ANCHORED: Summer 2017 Recap
This summer at Camp Luther and Keweenaw Base Camp, thousands of campers got to experience the theme “Anchored” lived out in their own lives. Campers, guests, and families were reminded of the hope we have in Jesus Christ. They learned that in Jesus, we have a hope that rescues us, a hope that we can trust in, and a hope that we know is true and living. They left Camp Luther knowing that Jesus loves them tremendously and that He is stronger than any earthly anchor and will hold them through the storms of life.
While it’s impossible to measure how many lives were impacted by the Holy Spirit this summer, we can measure some things!
At Camp Luther...
- Over 1,500 children and youth attended overnight camps at Camp Luther!
- 275 first-time campers were sent to Camp Luther through the Every Kid to Camp program!
- Over 20 kids participated in the second year of a local day camp program at Camp Luther.
- 6 medical professionals served as Guest Medics, caring for campers and staff.
- 9 Pastors served as Pastor of the Week, sharing the Word and answering questions.
- 45 college-aged Summer Staff grew together in faith, service, leadership, and community! (Meet them here)
At Keweenaw Base Camp…
- 136 people participated in 8 different servant teams!
- 14 high schoolers experienced adventure and challenge as part of The Edge.
- 5 high schoolers participated in the first-ever Venture program, taking adventure to the next level.
- 57 people came to KBC as part of 5 different group programs focused on adventure and team building activities!
- 6 unique organizations were helped through our servant events, including Keweenaw Base Camp; Saints Peter & Paul Lutheran Church; Little Brothers, Friends of the Elderly; Keweenaw Land Trust; The Lighthouse at Hancock; and Bob & Bev.
- A new, second tent village was built to accommodate rising attendance at KBC!
- Each of Camp Luther’s eight IMPACT sessions traveled to KBC for a two-night off-site camping trip.
- 13 church congregations and communities throughout Wisconsin were served through our Congregational Day Camp program.
- Over 470 children attended a Congregational Day Camp program!