Apply for Summer Staff 2017!

A summer spent working at camp immerses you in a community where you get to explore together what it means to love Jesus and love like Jesus. It’s kingdom ministry that’s intense, and deep, and life changing. Camp Luther is just one of 24 NLOMA (National Lutheran Outdoors Ministry Association) camps that are located around the country.

For more information, or to learn how to apply, visit www.campluther.com/summerstaff. To request an application, visit www.nloma.org/request.html

Those chosen to serve can expect to grow professionally and spiritually. Many life-long friendships were born during summers at Camp Luther. This is the hardest job you'll ever love. Here is what past staff members say about their summer(s) at Camp Luther:


"Working at Camp taught me how to be a leader. It's more than just teaching kids how to play Gaga Ball, or making sure no one gets lost (though these are important). I've learned that to lead others, you have to lead yourself. Being in that mentor/role model position gave me a great opportunity to practice and build these skills. As life goes on, I find myself using these skills more and more, and it's cool to look back and see how God has been at work in this aspect of my life!" -Rocket

"I learned how to love, and what it means to be loved by God and others. My heart is changed because of vulnerability, honesty, and the wonder of His love that is apparent in the smiling, shining eyes of children when they hear His gospel of peace." - Suds




"Being a counselor helped me to understand what it means to rely on God’s strength over your own. My own faith grew seeing how God is working in the lives of campers. The bonds you build on staff
taught me the definition of 'Brothers and Sisters in Christ.’" - Intro






"Camp Luther broke me out of my comfort zone and opened the world to me in a light I've never seen before. The way God works through the kids, the staff, and me has left me with an everlasting joyful servant attitude." - Psych





"Being on summer staff at Camp Luther is impactful. It is impactful for the individual on staff, but more importantly, it is impactful for all of the campers that you will interact with. The job truly makes a difference in kids earthly and eternal lives." - JMAC




"Building relationships centered around Christ's love with campers and fellow staff members reminded me of what really matters.  It was so moving to put aside my stresses of daily life and refocus my priorities." - Soy






"God put me out of my comfort zone, and I grew in ways unimaginable." - Radar







"Being a part of the Camp Luther staff is like nothing else; you build lifelong relationships with other Christian individuals committed to growing the faith of those around them, as well as growing their own.  I never could have imagined the love, support, and joy that has been shown to me by the staff, and the rewards of the opportunity to serve campers in a variety of ways." - Tron




"My confidence grew leaps and bounds while at camp. My confidence to lead a group, to relate to others, and most significantly: confidence to trust in God" - Kinch




"Being a camp counselor really showed me how to be a servant to others, both the campers and the other staff members.  This servant attitude is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life."   - Smiles




"I applied to camp as someone who had never been to summer camp before and it was the best decision of my life.  I learned to be confident as a leader and learned new ways to show Jesus's love to those around me.  I came to camp as a stranger and left at the end of the summer with a family. Apply to work at camp; I personally guarantee it is a decision you will never regret."
- Chip



What are you waiting for!? Apply today! www.nloma.org/request.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, 2017 Summer Staff!

10 Signs Summer is Near

KNOWN our 2015 Theme

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the 2017 Summer Staff!

Here We Grew!

Thank You, 2017 Summer Staff!